This software is free for non-profit users and institutions. The computer program, including source code and documentation, as well as any modifications or derivative works made by the LICENSEE,
are hereinafter referred to collectively as the "SOFTWARE".
1. The LICENSOR retains ownership of the SOFTWARE delivered to LICENSEE. Any modifications or derivative works based on the SOFTWARE are considered part of the SOFTWARE and ownership thereof is retained by the LICENSOR, and are to be made available to him upon request.
2. The LICENSEE shall not use SOFTWARE for any purpose (research or otherwise) that is supported by a "for profit" organization without prior written authorization from the LICENSOR.
3. The LICENSEE shall not disclose in any form either the delivered SOFTWARE or any modifications or derivative works based on the SOFTWARE to third parties without prior written authorization from the LICENSOR.
4. If the LICENSEE receives a request to furnish all or any portion of the SOFTWARE to any third party, he will not fulfill such a request, and will refer it in writing to the LICENSOR.
5. The LICENSEE agrees that the SOFTWARE is furnished on an "as is" basis, and that the LICENSOR in no way warrants the SOFTWARE or any of its results and is in no way liable for any use LICENSEE makes of the SOFTWARE.
6. LICENSEE agrees that any reports or publications of results obtained with the SOFTWARE will acknowledge its use by an appropriate citation. This would refer to the following publication:
PASS: a Program to Align Short Sequences.
Campagna D, Albiero A, Bilardi A, Caniato E, Forcato C, Manavski S, Vitulo N, Valle G.
Bioinformatics 2009 25(7):967-968
PASS-bis: a bisulfite aligner suitable for whole methylome analysis of Illumina and SOLiD reads.
Campagna D, Telatin A, Forcato C, Vitulo N, Valle G.
Bioinformatics. 2013 Jan 15;29(2):268-70. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/bts675. Epub 2012 Nov 17.
7. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES caused by SOFTWARE.
8. The terms of this license shall not be limited in time.
Your download of the software distribution files constitutes acceptance of this license agreement.